My Current Top 10 Beauty Products | JUNE 2017

It's June, which means Summer is fast approaching. It also means I've switched some different products into my daily make-up routine as the weather began to get warmer and also just because I've generally made some fantastic new discoveries. So, naturally, I wanted to share them as I would hate for anyone's life to be void of wonderful make-up. Here are my top ten beauty products as we move into Summer 2017 

Make-Up Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in 'Peach Lights'
 I'm a big fan of Make-Up Revolution as I adore how affordable their products are whilst, simultaneously, being high quality. After reading many positive reviews on their highlighters, I decided to give one a go. This one, in the shade Peach Lights, adds the perfect, almost opalescent, glow to my face and just really adds that much needed final touch to my look. It isn't too obnoxious yet is still highly pigmented. I can imagine it to complement most skin tones too. For such an inexpensive price, this highlighter is totally worth adding to your make-up collection. It's pretty, soft and lasts all day.

Maybelline Great Last Mascara
 I have struggled in the past to find a decent bottom lash mascara, top lashes I'm fine with, however, I find my bottom lash mascara often smudges and the large wands on most are often tricky to use on my bottom lashes. I decided to give the Maybelline Great Lash a go and I'm extremely glad that I did as I now rarely use anything else on my bottom lashes. It can be used on the top too, however, I just love the tiny wand for properly coating each bottom lash and find it's the perfect size and shape to get right into the corners. This is also waterproof and doesn't smudge, meaning I don't look like a panda two hours after leaving the house, unbeknown to me, making it perfect for those humid days.

L'Oreal True Match Powder
 Powder is another make-up item I have difficulty with. I tend to just find one I like and stick with it because I can't be bothered spending a load of money on different products which are all pretty much the same. However, after being stuck on the L'Oreal 24H Infallible Powder for a while, I decided to give their True Match a go after hearing such good things about it. Plus, L'Oreal is brand I really trust and I know there is a high chance of me getting along with whatever they release. I wasn't disappointed with this beauty venture as it does everything I would expect a powder to do. To be honest, at the end of the day, it's just another powder, but it prevents my face from looking greasy, which I'm grateful for. The shade is the perfect match for me and the product doesn't look cakey on my skin, even after I've applied it ten times over the course of a school day.

L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper
I have naturally thick, full eyebrows and so have never felt the burning desire to fill them in with a pomade, eyeshadow or whatever else the kids are using these days. However, I did get envious that everyone else was filling in their brows and I wasn't, so, I decided to go try out a brow gel in the hopes that we'd get along and it would help put the cherry on top of the cake in terms of my make-up. I was sceptical, I'll admit, as I was wary of looking as though I had two huge slugs on my forehead but I'm so happy I decided to try a brow gel as now my make-up doesn't look right without it. It's becoming quite a worrying obsession, actually. This L'Oreal Brow Plumper just adds something to my eyebrows (don't ask me what) and just pulls my whole look together, plus, it keeps them in place all day. If you're like me and fancy filling in your brows but they're already bushy as it is, give a gel a go! (Top tip: I've also used this as bottom lash mascara when I wanted a more natural look and it works wonders).

Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder
 I love Bourjois as a drugstore brand and always bond well with their products. I had wanted to try their famous bronzer for ages and had high expectations after hearing everyone online rave about it as if it was some sort of revolutionary product. I love this bronzer and find it adds warmth and dimension to my face. I apply it around the perimeter and blend it along my cheekbones in order to look a little more alive and have found it to be just the right colour. It doesn't look orange, nor does it look muddy, therefore helping me to look as though I've just walked off a beach when, in reality, I couldn't be further from a beach if I tried. It blends nicely and the colour can be built up for a heavier, sun kissed effect. It's also chocolate scented, which is a massive bonus.

Rimmel London 25H Lasting Finish Foundation
 This was one of the first foundations I ever tried and I absolutely despised it! But, looking back, I've realised that was because I was only just starting out with make-up and had NO IDEA what I was doing. The shade was way too orange (we've all been there, don't worry) and I didn't know how to blend properly or what to do to make it last all day. After trying numerous foundations since this one, I decided to go back to my foundation roots and see if me and this guy could be pals again. Surprisingly, I fell in love with it and it has become one of my favourite drugstore foundations. I'm unable to vouch for the fact that it claims to last 25 hours as I would never wear make-up for that length of time, however, it does last for a long time whilst feeling weightless on my skin. The coverage is totally buildable and so I apply two layers to properly conceal my imperfections. This is definitely a Summer foundation! It's affordable too. I use the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation most of the time, however, because it's so pricey, I don't want to use it all up at once and so like to alternate between that and this Rimmel one because YO GURL IS BROKE!

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

 NYX has been a brand I have wanted to try for a long time because, honestly, all of their stuff looks amazing. I struggled when deciding what to go for first so I played it safe and went for their famous Soft Matte Lip Creams. I find that lip products are a good thing to go for when trying out a make-up brand for the first time and the NYX ones have been received so positively that I was adamant that I would like them. Luckily, I do. Soft Matte is the perfect name for them as they glide onto my lips with ease and have a very creamy finish, not totally matte but matte enough to be advertised as matte, if that makes any sense whatsoever. They don't dry my lips out and the colour that comes out on the applicator is pretty much identical to the one you see on the packaging. These two in particular are the perfect shades for the warmer months with one being a brown nude and the other a cheerful pink.

Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer 
This product does exactly what it says on the tin - it erases my under eye circles, which is good because the circles underneath my eyes are practically black holes. This helps to hide and highlight my under eye areas and I love the unique applicator, which is a rounded sponge. The product does get used up rather quickly but, luckily, it isn't too expensive to repurchase. I love that this concealer doesn't crease, either, as that's often a huge issue for me!

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
 I refuse to believe that there is a person in the world who doesn't love this and, if you haven't tried it, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? This stuff is famous, and rightly so. I sometimes use it to conceal my under eye circles but always use it to cover spots, blemishes and redness. I must have been through more of these in my lifetime than I've had hot dinners and I would probably fall apart if it ever got discontinued for some reason. It is extremely high coverage and absolutely does last all day. If you ever want to leave the house without foundation but still want some coverage, this is the thing you ought to grab. It's ridiculously cheap too, retailing at something crazy like £4. This product gets a lot of praise but all of it is well deserved. Buy it.

Kiko Blush Duo
Don't these blush shades just scream SUMMER? I love Kiko as a brand and I think it deserves more recognition for it's amazing, innovative products and reasonable prices. This blush duo is what I tend to reach for most days as I love the colours and find they give me a perfect natural flush without turning me into a clown, although, the colour can be built up if you wish to do so. This isn't a product that is getting shoved to the back of my make-up drawer any time soon.

What make-up products are you loving at the moment? <3

Love, Emily :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment