I Want To Live In A World Where...


I want to live in a world where I am able to have a say in how my country shall be run in the future, rather than being powerless and having to sit back and let a group of people who will not be alive by the time I am their age, decide what is best for me, simply because I am not 18.

I want to live in a world where people feel one hundred percent comfortable holding hands with someone of the same gender in the street and do not live in fear of being killed because of their sexuality.

I want to live in a world where the richest eight people in the world do not hold the same amount of wealth as the 36 billion poorest people in the world.

I want to live in a world where everybody has an equal chance of achieving the same grades at school, regardless of ability, age, gender, disability, race...

I want to live in a world where the best people for jobs do not have their applications rejected, simply because they have a visible tattoo or piercing.

I want to live in a world where men feel able to talk about their mental health issues without being labelled "a big girls' blouse" and without their masculinity being questioned.

I want to live in a world where everyone is able to access a decent standard of free/affordable health care whenever they require it.

I want to live in a world where people do not have prescriptivist attitudes towards language and so accept that all languages are equally as beautiful and not one is better than another.

I want to live in a world where people are accepting of other people's beliefs and are open to the idea of changing their own after discussion, rather than being closed minded and refusing to listen to the opinions of others.

I want to live in a world where the most famous and influential figures in the celebrity world use their platforms for the right reasons, to raise awareness for important causes instead of involving themselves in petty drama.

I want to live in a world where every image in every magazine is not Photoshopped to high hell, to the point where the model in said image does not even recognise herself.

I want to live in a world where people do not treat others as slaves simply because they see them as inferior, because we are all in the same boat.

I want to live in a world where people do not treat their surroundings like a rubbish tip and where people are aware of the damage they are doing by throwing their litter around like its nothing.

I want to live in a world where people accept others' reasons for not wanting to do things, instead of questioning them and forcing them into situations which make them uncomfortable.

I want to live in a world where people are not so hard on both each other and themselves because everyone is trying so damn hard. Every day.

I want to live in a world where schools do not prioritise sparkling reports and glowing grades over the mental well being of their students.

I want to live in a world where eating disorders are not a taboo subject because, once that stigma disappears, sufferers of these illnesses will be able to access the help they need to get back on track.

I want to live in a world where students are taught that exam results are not the be all and end all of everything, that they do not dictate the standard of their future and that they do not define their intelligence.

I want to live in a world where people do not judge others for their music tastes because what interests us makes us beautifully unique.

I want to live in a world where we do not create images of what people are like based on the headlines we read in the news, where we do not allow the media to influence our perception of people.

I want to live in a world where children are allowed to be children for as long as possible, playing, not worrying.

I want to live in a world where anyone can go to bed and sleep soundly at night because they know tomorrow will be better.

I want to live in a world where people give their loose change to homeless people instead of saving it to by a third cup of coffee for themselves.

I want to live in a world where its OKAY for you to say "Actually, I don't understand that..."

I want to live in a world where our lives do not revolve around how many social followers we have.

I want to live in a world where students are taught things in school which will be highly beneficial to them in the future, more beneficial than the things they learn now, such as about banking, taxes, buying a house, voting...

I want to live in a world where women stand together as a force to be reckoned with as oppose to them tearing each other down for petty reasons at every chance they get.

I want to live in a world where everyone does and wants to love themselves for exactly who they are, without feeling the need to change a single thing about themselves.

I want to live in a world where old people are not outcasts or treated as babies, where they are still respected as human beings rather than being treated as a nuisance who we just want out of the way.

I want to live in a world where people are able to hold interesting conversations with one another for more than five minutes before picking up their smart phones.

I want to live in a world where those who are not avid Internet users, realise how much of a spectacular tool it truly is, how magical, life changing and clever it is, and how its pros far outweigh its cons.

I want to live in a world where people are not afraid to try something new because they are fearful of what those close to them may think about them.

I want to live in a world where people do not feel the need to come out with their sexuality because all sexualities are as wonderful and as appreciated as each other.

I want to live in a world where we spend every day thinking of those less fortunate than ourselves, where we do whatever we can to help them every day, not just when disasters happen or during special charity events.

I want to live in a world which appreciates everything it has, a world which realises how blessed it is to have clean water, food and shelter without having to ask for it.

I want to live in a world where the rights of sex workers are respected, just as they would be for any other worker.

I want to live in a world where fire is not fought with fire and where peace is brought about by non-violent means.

I want to live in a world where the world's richest and most fortunate are not constantly gifted with free clothing, make-up, household items and holidays when there are people out there who can barely afford a hot meal each day.

I want to live in a world where stereotypes are non-existent.

I want to live in a world where we judge people by their character and the way they treat us as oppose to their skin colour.

I want to live in a world where everyone is aware of the extent to which bullying in schools and in the workplace is happening so they can go on to prevent it.

I want to live in a world where everyone understands that NO means NO, in every situation.

I want to live in a world where 'Feminism' is not a dirty word.

I want to live in a world where everyone in it is not so damn appearance obsessed and where we can walk out of the door with five thousand spots on our face and feel bloody good about it.

I want to live in a world where a bias and lies saturated media does not influence our view of our world, where we have the courage to make our own minds up.

I want to live in a world where everyone believes that they will find true love one day, someone who is perfect for them.

I want to live in a world where we do not see suicide as the only way out of a dark place.

I want to live in a world where we do not see suicide as selfish.

I want to live in a world where there is more diversity in body shapes and sizes within the modelling industry.

I want to live in a world where creative school subjects are just as valued as academic subjects.

I want to live in a world where the talent of a boyband or male celebrity is not undermined simply because it is mostly liked by teenage girls.

I want to live in a world where everyone has the opportunity to travel at some point so they are able to experience the beauty of the world first hand, not just through images online.

I want to live in a world where people are able to forgive those who have hurt them by realising that, in order for that person to hurt them, they must have felt love towards them first.

I want to live in a world where people are not body shamed. Period.

I want to live in a world where women are able to express their opinions freely, where women are able to argue, hold high positions and pursue whatever career they choose, without judgement.

I want to live in a world where everybody realises that terrorism has no religion.

I want to live in a world where everyone is aware of where the line is between a joke and something offensive, and they never cross it.

I want to live in a world where women and men are paid exactly the same wage for the same jobs.

I want to live in a world where we do not constantly seek the approval of others because we decided whether or not something we have created is good or not.

I want to live in a world where more is done to keep children safe from abuse and sexual assault.

I want to live in a world where schools give their students a proper sex education in order to fully prepare them for later life and any obstacles they may face.

I want to live in a world where nobody's dreams are belittled as we all have the ability to pursue them if we have enough nerve.

I want to live in a world where the prices of everything on the shelves in stores is not so extortionate

I want to live in a world where people spend less time trying to change others and more time trying to craft themselves into the best versions of who they are.

I want to live in a world where parents allow their children to follow whichever path they feel is destined for them instead of pressuring them to follow in their footsteps or adhere to tradition..

I want to live in a world where people live more in the moment instead of worrying about having to plan out their whole future.

I want to live in a world where not everything is a competition as everyone is more than happy to see anyone succeed.

I want to live in a world where people are not obsessed with obtaining the lifestyle of reality TV stars.

I want to live in a world where we embrace our insecurities.

I want to live in a world where EVERY DAMN THING is not the end of the world. People make mistakes. We move on.

I want to live in a world where we tell people that we love them, constantly, instead of just assuming that they know.

I want to live in a world where we all go out of our way to make life better for those around us in whatever ways we can.

I want to live in a world where we tell other people how much they are appreciated because we are aware that they may feel anything but.

I want to live in a world where we aren't ashamed of our intelligence, nor are we scared of sharing our extensive knowledge with the world.

I want to live in a world where we find entertainment in genuinely entertaining things, rather than finding entertainment in things that mock, belittle and degrade other people.

I want to live in a world where I wholeheartedly say that I trust the politicians who run my country and that I have every faith that they'll make it the best it can be.

I want to live in a world where grey is okay because not everything has to be black and white.

I want to live in a world where it isn't always necessary to talk and where it isn't noisy all the time. I want to live in a world which listens and appreciates silence.

I want to live in a world where everyone and their dog is not so obsessed with posting about their lives on social media.

I want to live in a world where people aren't so addicted to making their lives look good for other people that they forget to make them good for themselves.

I want to live in a world where everyone welcomes change, where everyone has their arms wide open to let diversity and individuality in.

I want to live in a world where animals are not tortured simply so those who torture them can have nice things.

I want to live in a world where art is appreciated in all its forms, no matter how big or small.

I want to live in a world where everyone has a safe space and something that makes them feel alive.

I want to live in a world where women can wear whatever the hell they want to wear without the world feeling the need to pass comment on it.

I want to live in a world where women and men's bodies are not sexualised unnecessarily.

I want to live in a world where everyone feels about to express their pride in their religion in public.

I want to live in a world where everybody has a voice.

I want to live in a world where people listen to my problems and, instead of questioning them, they do nothing but help me move forwards.

I want to live in a world where everyone feels as though they belong because the planet is void of discrimination.

I want to live in a world where people want to educate themselves on issues in today's society, as oppose to being ignorant.

I want to live in a world where pregnant women's bodies are respected because they are their own.

I want to live in a world where we don't feel like we have to hide and suppress parts of ourselves in order to be safe.

I want to live in a world where everybody is treated as no less than a human being.

I want to live in a world where people do not feel selfish for putting themselves first.

I want to live in a world where love is the driving force of every action.

I want to live in a world where my brothers and sisters love one another because they realise that constantly fighting does not result in progress.

What type of world do you want to live in? <3



Love, Emily :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment