28 Songs That Are GUARANTEED To Put You In A Good Mood


Now, I don't know about you, but I rely heavily on music. Just by listening to one song, my mood can either increase or decrease. If I listen to something with deep, heartbreaking lyrics, I can start crying in seconds, if I listen to something with a popping beat and catchy chorus, I can feel on top of the world and start shaking my booty like there is no tomorrow.
Music has power. Not only can it make us smile or make us sob, it can change a people's perspectives on things, it can bring light to dark times, it can empower, it can inspire, it can encourage bravery, it can evoke emotions so deep down within us we didn't even know existed. Music is a beautiful thing and I feel so glad to live at a time when music IS such a huge thing. Most of us probably listen to music every day and have done so for so long that we are unable to imagine our lives without it - which is amazing. Music injects so much life into the world, it connects us, and it is a fantastic form of art.

As mentioned, music can change the way we think in seconds. All we need to do is stick on a catchy pop song when we're feeling low and BAM - the worries we were having are shoved to the back of our minds for three minutes and however many seconds the song lasts for. Its a distraction from the harsh reality of the outside world and it takes us into our own little bubble. We all have unique music tastes, which is what makes the world so stunningly diverse, however, I wanted to share with you ten universally loved songs which are guaranteed to get you smiling when you're feeling down in the dumps. These songs are so catchy, they're such bops, that you won't be able to help yourself from grinning when you hear them. No matter how overplayed they may be, no matter how much you may dislike them, no matter how annoying they are, these are some seriously feel-good tunes that I would always recommend for those UGH days. They help me and so I can only help that they will help you too. ENJOY!

'Walking On Sunshine' by Katrina & The Waves
"I'm walking on sunshine, and don't it feel good?"

'Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go' by Wham!

"Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo"

'You Can't Stop The Beat' from Hairspray

"'Cause the world keeps spinnin' round and round and my heart's keepin' time to the speed of the sound"

'Uptown Funk' by Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson

"Don't believe me? Just watch!"

'Dancing In The Moonlight' by Toploader

"Everybody's dancing in the moonlight"

'Love Is Easy' by McFly

"It's the easiest thing to do"

'Come On Eileen' by Dexy’s Midnight Runners

"At this moment, you mean everything"

'Under The Sea' from The Little Mermaid

"Such wonderful things around you, what more is you looking for?"

'Work' by Kelly Rowland

"No turnin' back from this party"

'Can't Stop The Feeling' by Justin Timberlake

"I got that sunshine in my pocket, got that good soul in my feet"

'Superstition' by Stevie Wonder

"You believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer"

'Dog Days Are Over' by Florence and + The Machine

"Leave all your loving and longing behind you"

'Don't Upset The Rhythm' by Noisettes

"Go baby, go baby, go!"

'I'm A Believer' by The Monkees

"Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer"

'Car Wash' by Rose Royce

"Workin' at the carwash"

'Hey Ya!' by OutKast

"Shake it like a Polaroid picture!"

'ABC' by The Jackson 5

"Listen to me baby, that's all you gotta do"

'Mambo No. 5' by Lou Bega

"Everybody in the car, so come on, let's ride"

'Livin' La Vida Loca' by Ricky Martin

"Upside, inside out"

'Dancing In The Street' by Martha And The Vandellas

"All we need it music, sweet music"

'It's Raining Men' by The Weather Girls

"HALLELUJAH it's raining men, AMEN!"

'Brave' by Sara Bareilles

"Say what you wanna say and let the words fall out"

'Build Me Up Buttercup' by The Foundations

"I need you, more than anyone, darling"

'MMMBop' by Hanson

"So hold on the ones who really care, in the end they'll be the only ones there"


'Twist And Shout' by The Beatles

"You know you look so good"

'Uptown Girl' by Billy Joel

"I bet she's never had a backstreet guy"

'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' by Marvin Gaye and Tammin Terrell

"Remember the day, I see you free?"

'I Feel Good' by James Brown
"I feel nice, like sugar and spice"

So, which was your favourite? Also, which songs put you in a good mood? <3

Love, Emily :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment