My Top 3 High End Mascaras

The quality of drugstore make-up just seems to be getting better as the days pass by and the lines between the designer and the less expensive products are becoming blurred. Beauty brands in the drugstore especially have upped their game with mascaras and I don't hesitate to grab my cheaper mascaras on a daily basis because they just work so well.
However, that being said, there are some pretty damn good designer make-up items out there and so I wanted to share my top three high end mascaras with you. These are obviously that bit more pricey but, in my opinion, they're 100% worth it. They'll also last you a lifetime. Personally, I've never used up a mascara, which could be down to the fact that the mascaras I use are amazing OR it could just be because I own more mascaras than I've eaten hot meals this year and I alternate between them constantly. Either way, the three mascaras I'm about to show you are worth their price tags, they're worth all the fuss people give them and they make my eyelashes look like they belong to real life angels. So, allow me to talk you through them...

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara // £19.50
This is an incredibly hyped mascara but, when you use it, it is clear why. Its name is fitting as it really does seem to roll my lashes upwards and give them a lift. This mascara does a brilliant job of separating my lashes but it has never once clumped on me - it is probably the least clumpy mascara I've ever used. Many say it's comparable to the Lash Sensational Mascara by Maybelline, which I also use and would say there is a slight similarity, although, if I had to choose between the two, I'd opt for this. They do have a similar shaped wand but its a shape I find works really well as it perfectly fits your eyelashes and allows you to get right in there to coat every lash. I love Roller Lash and would highly recommend it, especially as it also stays put all day.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara // £19.00


Let us start by addressing the elephant in the room, yes it's name is 'better than sex,' okay, I'm glad that's out of the way. I steered clear from this mascara for a while as, despite hearing everyone praise it constantly, I was sceptical of the wand as I thought it looked slightly bushy and as though it would make my lashes clumpy, however, I gave in one day as so many people adored it and I was like "Hey, they can't all be wrong." I was the wrong one, in fact, because this doesn't make my lashes clumpy at all. It's a truly fantastic mascara as it coats each lash with a thick layer of product and gives them a real boost in volume and length. Only one coat is required and you needn't worry about it throughout the day, as it doesn't budge, however, a waterproof version is available. 

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Infinite Daring Length + Volume Mascara // £21.00


They should probably work on that name because it's a bit of a mouthful...anyway, I'm going to make a bold statement here and claim that this is my favourite mascara - ever. I've never used anything like it. I didn't but it half-heartedly as it was hardly cheap and so spent a considerable amount of time browsing through all the mascaras at the Estee Lauder counter before deciding on this one. Of course, you can't actually tell if a mascara is any good or not until you buy it, which is always tricky, however, this one didn't let me down and it's made me fall in love with Estee Lauder as a make-up brand and I now want my entire collection to be made up of their products. This mascara doesn't look like anything special at a glance, the wand and packaging are pretty basic, but don't let that fool you. The length and volume that this gives to my eyelashes is beyond belief and it separates them to ensure my eyes look more open. It's fully black too and you only need one coat to get showstopping lashes. It's an investment piece in terms of make-up but it is one of the best make-up purchases I have ever made and I think I'm going to cry when it runs out.



Which are your favourite high end mascaras? <3

Love, Emily :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment