5 Products To Help Create A Fresh, Glowing Summer Make-Up Look


I love to keep my make-up light and looking as natural as possible during the Summer, particularly on those sweltering hot days. Therefore, I thought I would show you five make-up products which I like to incorporate into my looks to help give a super fresh and glowing look.
This post contains a foundation, a blush, a highlighting palette, a lipstick and a concealer, which is almost a full face of make-up, all of which I use often and find that they either keep my skin looking healthy and Summer ready or just give my face some sort of natural glow, without being cakey. These items can all be found in the Drugstore, showing it doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg to have flawless Summer make-up.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

This has become my favourite foundation that I have ever used and it is one hundred percent the perfect Summer foundation. The Healthy Mix Foundation is lightweight and so it doesn't even feel as though you're wearing foundation, however, you can build up the coverage and layer it too. I enjoy doing this to cover up acne, scars and blemishes, however, despite adding more layers, this foundation never looks cakey or disgusting. I powder mine yet it still leaves a fresh finish, although you can choose not to and it will give your skin a more dewy look. Finally. this foundation is available in a wide variety of shades and I found it incredibly easy to match one to my natural skin tone, and it blends in perfectly.

Sleek Blush in 'Rose Gold'


I have really been enjoying venturing into Sleek make-up recently and have wondered why I didn't do so sooner. This blush in the shade 'Rose Gold' is the perfect Summer blusher as it gives a natural, pink flush to your cheeks yet can also be built up for a more intense colour. This product also has a slight shimmer to it, which further adds to helping you create really glowy skin.

Sleek Highlighting Palette in 'Precious Metals'


Another Sleek product now but this time it's a cream highlighting palette, which also includes one powder. Incorporating cream products into your look is a really great way to great a more fresh, dewy finish and just make everything look a little more natural. This palette contains four shades and it advises you to use each one on certain areas, although they can just all be used wherever they work best for you. I have always had such a thing about putting cream products on top of powdered foundation, is that just me? However, I find that if I either apply these with a light hand or tap them on with my fingers, it works fine and makes me look more radiant.

Soap and Glory Sexy Motherpucker Lipstick in 'Pink Cushion'

I definitely want to get more of Soap and Glory's lip products as I have been so impressed with the few Sexy Motherpucker lipsticks that I have. This shade in particular is  great for Summer as it adds a pink tint to your lips but isn't too heavy. It is also moisturising and very low maintenance - when it wears off during the day you can just reapply it like you would a lip balm without a mirror. The collection contains more pigmented colours, however, I love this pink one as it gives a very nice "it looks like I'm not wearing anything on my lips but I actually am wearing something on my lips" look, if you catch my drift haha!

Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer


Finally, I have a concealer. I always get along well with every Rimmel make-up product that I use and this concealer is no exception. It isn't your typical liquid concealer with a lipgloss style applicator, instead it    . This is one of the best concealers I have ever used to conceal acne, blemishing, scars or redness and even works wonders without foundation. Once again, the coverage is buildable yet it feels so light on your skin. It also works really well underneath the eyes as it does a fabulous job of concealing dark circles, (which we all have due to staying up late in the Summer holidays, right?) and brightening to make me look more awake.

Which make-up products are you loving to help give you that perfect Summer glow? <3

Love, Emily :) xx


1 comment:

  1. Using BullionVault you can obtain physical precious metals by the gram at current spot prices.

    Register a free account today and get 4 grams in free silver as a joining bonus.

    ReplyDelete