How I Edit My Instagram Photos


Okay, admit it, who spends more time on Instagram than they do actually talking to real people? *Raises hand.* I am an Instagram addict and am a sucker for a good theme so I spend much more time making sure my Instagram feed looks nice in comparison to actually taking care of my real responsibilities.
Therefore, when quite a few of you requested a blog post explaining how I edit my Instagram photos, it was impossible for me to refuse. I thought I would talk you through the Apps I use on my photos and how I get them looking Insta-ready.

Compared to other people's Instagram themes, mine isn't too neat, what I mean by that is it isn't colour co-ordinated in the sense that I will only post photos with white backgrounds. I don't have white borders around my images, nor do I only post photos of my food, however, I do have a very bright Instagram profile. I like to keep my photos bright and clear, so my profile looks happy when you scroll through it. I'm not too fussed about colours, as long as I haven't posted too many dark photos in a row or have three purple photos next to each other, if you know what I mean. I often find myself thinking things such as "Hmm, my feed could really use some green" and then spend hours scrolling through Instagram, Tumblr and my own camera roll to find a green picture.
I really enjoy reposting other photos from other people, as you may know. I particularly love posting snaps of my favourite celebrities, girl crushes, quotes, any nature pictures that I would never be able to take in my small town and just generally anything that looks cool and quirky. I think I probably do this as, if I was to only post photos I have taken myself, I would be extremely inactive on Instagram as my life really isn't that exciting.



When it comes to editing my photos, the first app I fell in love with was Afterlight. It's great for editing and there are so many features available before you even have to think about paying for anything.



However, I have now moved on to VSCO. This app, I find, is a lot easier to use and it gives you an endless list of ways to adjust your photos, plus, you don't have to buy all the filters to produce a good pic.


I also use VSCO to plan out, if you like, my posts in advance, which is probably very sad. All the images you have edited are arranged in a grid, so you can preview what your Instagram feed will look like before you upload a new post, a feature which really helps me out.


Below are all of the adjustments I make to my images before deciding they are suitable enough to be seen by the world. I don't edit my images too much, but just like to ensure they are vibrant and light.

EXPOSURE +2

SATURATION +2

FADE +3

FILTER: C3 +4 

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

 BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

These are the adjustments I will make to my photos, 99% of the time. although, sometimes I will change the edits I make, depending on the image. For example, +2 saturation may be too high for one of my selfies, as it may turn my facce yellow, so I'll turn it down, or the background may still be too dark on a certain image, so I'll add more highlights. Any extra edits I make are usually just done using the Instagram Editor.


There you have it! A guide to how I edit my Instagram photos to make them picture perfect! Let me know what type of Instagram theme you have! I would definitely recommend having a play around with VSCO when editing your photos. I spent hours trying out messing around with various filters before finally settling for ones I liked. You're sure to create a theme you love with that app!

What apps do you use to edit your photos? <3

Love, Emily :) xx

2 comments:

  1. After light is an absolute fave of mine, like you I'm so obsessed with Instagram. I'm pretty much on it all day every day haha I have no life. But it's also a great way to share my photography :) http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t imagine focusing long enough to research; much less write this kind of article. You’ve outdone yourself with this material. This is great content. buy instagram likes

    ReplyDelete