Heart Shaped Hair | Emily Bashforth

Heart Shaped Hair


We've all seen that photo which Kendall Jenner posted on Instagram of her lying on the ground in a pretty dress with her long hair shaped into love hearts around her head, which has three million likes. We also all know that I have a massive obsession with Kendall Jenner. So why not transform myself into her for the sake of a photo?
You'd be surprised at the things you think of doing when you're bored. When staying at my Granny and Grandad's house recently, my Granny and found that we are very easily amused when we attempted to recreate Kendall's famous photo, and the idea only came to me out of sheer boredom.

I definitely cannot take all of the credit as all I did was lie on the floor for two hours (yes I really did just say two hours) and my Granny was the photographer and stylist. She arranged my hair into perfect hearts and, obviously as I couldn't see what she was doing, I guided her movements by holding my front camera up on my phone to see what everything looked like. She carefully split my hair into seven equal sections and shaped it into love hearts. It took a lot of fiddling to get them all the same, but it worked out eventually.

The trickiest bit was taking the actual photo, would you believe. If anyone had walked into the room whilst we were trying to do so I don't even want to know what they would have thought was going on!
I lied on my back whilst my Granny stood over me to get the perfect angle. Sounds simple enough but when you are trying ensure that the camera is in the right position so you don't have nineteen chins, make sure your head is perfectly straight, ensure your facial expression is what you want it to be, make sure the right amount of your body and all of your hair is in frame and try not to laugh all at the same time, it proves rather difficult.

However, after numerous snaps and a whole load of giggles, we finally got the shot! I felt very dizzy when I stood up and all I kept thinking the entire time I was down there was "honestly, I bet it literally took Kendall three seconds to take that photo."

Here is the finished product, along with an out-take. You may be wondering if this is actually blog post worthy, I am wondering that myself, but, seeing as though it took so long and my family were rather impressed at how 'arty' the finished photo looked, I thought why not blog about it?

It is now one of my most liked Instagram photos, well, it isn't quite at the three million mark but, then again, I am hardly as beautiful as Kendall Jenner. I'd love it if you would go and show it some love! I am also going to have this Tweet pinned to the top of my Twitter profile for a very long time as it took a lot of work!

Thank you for all of the compliments on the photo so far, you are all babes.

Kendall's photo:

My photo:



What I want to know is, what's the craziest thing you have done for an Instagram? <3

Love, Emily :) xx

0 comments: