Golden Globes Fashion 2016


The first major red carpet event of 2016 took place on Sunday night in the form of the Golden Globes and we had the pleasure of witnessing our favourite movie stars pulling out all the stops to look red carpet ready. The evening was filled with glamour and, as per usual, in my opinion, I believe no famous face disappointed when it came to their outfits!
I am still struggling to cope with the beauty that graced the red carpet that night, so let us take a look at a few of my favourite looks, which were very hard to narrow down!

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Rosie can do no wrong in my eyes. This golden gown falls effortlessly onto her enviable frame and screams 'Golden Globes' to me. She still maintained her model image, ensuring she was poised at all times on the red carpet. Her minimal make-up and accessories allow all eyes to fall to her dress, which I think was one of my favourites from the evening.

Jenna Dewan Tatum
I feel like navy is a colour which isn't worn or appreciated enough on the red carpet and I love what Jenna did with it! The shape keeps it traditional but the low neckline adds a modern edge. The silver detailing also adds a ton of glamour! She accessorised perfectly too with a matching clutch. Well done Jenna!

Jennifer Lawrence
Who doesn't love J Law? It would have been really easy for her to opt for a plain red dress, not that there would have been anything wrong with that, but I love the cut outs and think it really flatters her figure. The silver jewels also add to her sophisticated look and her up-do adds a sense of maturity. Jennifer got it spot on, don't you think?

Kate Winslet
A simple yet stylish choice from Kate Winslet which certainly paid off. The silky fabric is enough to show the quality of her dress and I think navy is by far her colour. The halter neck style neckline is flattering and adds to that red carpet feel that the outfit gives. Kate, you are a Queen.

Katy Perry
Katy steered clear from her usual daring fashion choices and opted for a more demure, pink gown, but still kept her sense of Katyness with a low neckline. She looked like a true American Sweetheart and certainly gave off 60's vibes in her Prada dress. Her hairstyle is one I also think she should wear more often as it really suits her! Katy definitely gets a thumbs up from me.

Lady GaGa
I don't think I have any words for this lady! Her hair, her make-up, her outfit, everything was perfection. The cut of her dress, the material of her dress and the colour of her dress are all things which suited GaGa to a tee and her look may have been simple but it was simple and by far one of the classiest. She could have easily passed for a Hollywood Actress! *Takes invisible hat off*

Lily James
Lily James or a Goddess? We will never know. She looked elegant as can be in this white, layered dress which I can only imagine floated down the carpet like a DREAM! Her minimal make-up and simple, yet gorgeous, hair style kept things uncomplicated and Lily showed that she doesn't need a brightly coloured, cut out gown, embellished with jewels to make a good impression.

Zendaya
Another of my absolute favourite looks from this year's Golden Globes in the form of Zendaya who, personally, I think struggles to put a foot wrong, especially recently! This layered gown was far from a wedding cake and I think the colour and cut suited her down to a tee. Her hair and make-up complemented her look perfectly and she radiated class. Oh how I wish I could pull this look off!

The After Party also saw some fascinating frocks...

Kylie Jenner

 Crop tops seem to have been popular this year and Kylie Jenner looked nothing less than fabulous in hers. It was lovely to see Kylie styled slightly differently with a ballerina bun and pretty, sparkly skirt, but she still kept her sense of self with the sheer material. Kylie looked like a real life fairy princess who's make-up I was also a massive fan of! Didn't it look flawless? Those lips! Those brows!

Kourtney Kardashian
Isn't Kourtney just killing it at the moment? She showcased her enviable figure in a sophisticated, strapless, fitted dress with the most intricate detail. I found her look very mature, which was emphasised by the middle parting and red lipstick. She could have definitely been on the red carpet with this look!

Who was best dressed at the Golden Globes in your opinion? <3

Love, Emily :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment