A Box Full Of Beauty Goodies


If you follow me on Twitter then you will probably already know about this, however, if not, then I am about to tell you...okay so that sentence was completely pointless anyways because either way you're going to know now....moving swiftly on....

A couple of weeks ago, the lovely Katie Snooks, who has a fantabulous beauty blog and YouTube channel, did an amazing giveaway as a celebration of reaching 40,000 YouTube subscribers. After commenting on her video announcing the giveaway (which you can watch HERE), I was extremely lucky enough to win!! I swear I have never won anything in life so this was such a surprise to me haha! Katie sent the beauty bits and bobs out to me the next day (Friday) and they arrived on the Monday - that was definitely the best Monday I have had in a long time!
They were wrapped up in a cute little box, which also contained sweets but, naturally, they were demolished within 10 seconds of me ripping the packaging open!


I wanted to wait until I had the chance to try most of the products before I blogged about them but I have now used everything from the box, except from one thing, so here is everything I received! There were some fabulous products in there from some pretty epic brands!

Rimmel Eyeshadow Quad In 'Brixton Brown'

I love Rimmel and I find it hard to go wrong with their products! These eyeshadows are such fabulous colours, the centre one being one of my favourites! You can use this palette to create a lovely smoky eye, plus, it is small so is easy to carry around with you. This mini palette certainly shows that good things do come in small packages haha!

Benefit The Porefessional Primer

I apply this primer underneath my makeup to keep it in place all day, and it certainly does that! It prevents my makeup from slipping and sliding across my face and feels comfortable underneath my foundation. It definitely reduces my pores as well as being easy to apply, It feels much more like a moisturiser than a primer!


Lipcote

This stuff is amazing, how have I not come across it before!? Its basically like a clear nail varnish for your lips which you apply on top of your lipstick in order to keep it in place all day and, I have no idea how it does it, but it totally works! It feels like a strange sensation when you first apply it, but it dries quick enough and has kept my lipstick in place all day, even through eating and drinking! I even ate pizza but did my lipstick budge? Nope, not at all! And, believe me, I hardly eat pizza in a ladylike manner as that stuff is not to be left sitting on the plate a second longer than it needs to be!

Illamasqua Nail Polish In 'Ouija'

Okay, I am slightly obsessed with this! I painted my nails with it the second I got the chance to and the colour is so gorgeous! Its a super bright pink with a bit of shimmer in that will instantly add a pop of colour to any outfit and will certainly be perfect for the Summer months! You could apply two coats if you wanted, however, one did the trick for me, plus, it is super easy to paint on and dries ridiculously fast, meaning you could paint your nails with it five minutes before leaving the house - and who doesn't want that!?

Maybelline Baby Lips In 'Pink Me Up'

I have one of the Electro baby lips which is such a bright pink colour, however, this one is more subtle and leaves more of a natural colour on your lips. It feels soft on your lips and is moisturising too. It is also great for those days when you don't want to wear a lot of make up and just want something light on your lips!

Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms


I'm a little bit in love with these! They are like lip crayons, one being a nude shade and the other an orange. So far, I have worn the nude the most but can see myself wearing the orange lots on super sunny days! They are so easy to apply and don't feel dry on your lips. Definitely going to be wearing both of these lots, especially as they go with so many looks, outfits included - particularly the nude shade!

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Paints

These are amazing! I've never tried anything like this before as I have always stuck to your normal eyeshadow, but I am so happy I have these now! They are so easy to use and I just apply them to my lids and then blend them out with my finger. You can then build  them up and more if you wish and then blend another eyeshadow through your crease. They can act as a great base for an eyeshadow but can also be used just on their own, which is great if you want to create a gorgeous look really quickly!

Urban Decay Naked Flushed


This is a super exciting thing for me! I have never owned anything by Urban Decay before but have always lusted after their Naked palettes so, when I received this I couldn't wait to use it! It contains a bronzer, highlighter and a blusher, all of which are gorgeous. The highlighter in particular is so pigmented and shimmery! The palette also has a massive mirror which is, of course, a bonus haha!

Illamasqua Gleam Cream in 'Supernatural'

This is the only product I haven't tried yet, but is one of the things I was most intrigued about. This gleam cream is so versatile and can be used as bronzer and highlighter but I guess also as an eyeshadow too! I've read amazing things about this and am looking forward to giving it a go! I have swatched it (which was the first thing I did with all of the items when I opened them!) and the colour is so pretty.

Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo In 'Pink Gold'

I actually already own one of these in the same shade, however, I use it so much so I'm really happy to have another one haha! This is such a pigmented, shimmery pink shade and, like the Scandaleyes eyeshadow paints, can be used as a base for other eyeshadows or just on its own for a quick, natural look. It creates such a pretty shimmer on your lids and, paired with a pink lip, looks so pretty!

Thank you so SO much to Katie for the amazing prize, I feel very lucky to have won it! Also, thank you for being so lovely to even consider running a giveaway in the first place! It was such a kind thing to do for your audience! Congratulations on 40K+ subscribers too! :)

You can all check out Katie's blog HERE, which I strongly advise you to do as I love it!

What are your favourite makeup products at the moment? <3
Also, please leave me requests in the comments for future, Summer blog posts! :)

Love, Emily :) xx

12 comments:

  1. what a lovely win! lucky you ! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely feel very lucky hehe! Thank you so much for reading! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, loved reading what you got!

    Charlotte Crowder xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! And thank you very much for reading, Charlotte :) xx

      Delete
  4. Wow love these cosmetics especially the Nars palette, congrats! x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! Thank you! & thank you for reading! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Congrats on winning! You got some really amazing products. :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much! I love all of them! Thank you for reading :) xx

      Delete
  6. They all look like amazing products! Well done :) http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you, they are indeed :) Thanks so much for reading! Xx

      Delete
  7. Your so lucky it looks so amazing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your so lucky it looks so amazing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete